Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Farewell

Its our last night. Tomorrow we leave for the states. The group is excited to return to some sense of normalcy. Collectively there is an overwhelming excitement for what lies ahead: new jobs, new countries, new opportunities.
To wrap up the course, the students need to write a paper and prepare a poster regarding the environment in the places we visited. The students have plenty of material to rely on, as each location was drastically different from the others.
It has been an exciting trip and the group has grown into a tight knit unit. The evolution of the students perceptions while being abroad has been interesting. Studying abroad truly refocuses one's perceptions regarding politics, needs, wants, interactions, and various other facets. It is something I would say that every college students should do, regardless of comfort level. It is an unmatched experience and the opportunity in general is better than anything that will ever come around outside of college. If you haven't done it, do it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Leah ... a very late comment.

    I just wanted to thank you for the blog. It was great reading.

    Since I haven't heard back through blog replies here, I'll also e-mail you I think.

    Hope you're having a great summer.

    --Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vince,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. I must apologize for my lack of responses. Using Blogger on a mobile device in locations with touch and go internet access is more difficult than I had anticipated. I had limited access to certain aspects of my blog and that included comment administration and photo uploading. I was only able to view comments in email form and could not respond to them on the blog itself.
    Anyway, I appreciate that you took the time to read through my posts. I look forward to doing more traveling in the future and hope to blog those new experiences as well. I have one final post coming up to formally tie everything up, so keep your eyes peeled. (what a ridiculous saying).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vince,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. I must apologize for my lack of responses. Using Blogger on a mobile device in locations with touch and go internet access is more difficult than I had anticipated. I had limited access to certain aspects of my blog and that included comment administration and photo uploading. I was only able to view comments in email form and could not respond to them on the blog itself.
    Anyway, I appreciate that you took the time to read through my posts. I look forward to doing more traveling in the future and hope to blog those new experiences as well. I have one final post coming up to formally tie everything up, so keep your eyes peeled. (what a ridiculous saying).

    ReplyDelete